This is a self contained bench top unit for studying the power generation by a hydraulic turbine.
The unit consist of a storage tank and a pump to simulate a dam reservoir, a cross flow hydraulic turbine, a generator which is connected to the turbine by a V-belt, a lamp load bank, a dynamometer, and measuring instrument.
- Turbine torque vs speed at various heads and flow rates.
- Mechanical power output vs speed for various heads and flow rates.
- Mechanical efficiency vs speed for a given head and flow rate.
- Electrical power output at various heads and flow rates.
- Overall power plant efficiency at various electrical loads.
|-||Construction||:||Stainless steel runner, and nozzle.|
|:||Stainless steel casing with transparent window.|
|-||Maximum power||:||400 W of mechanical power.|
|:||Electrical output upto 300 W.|
|Electrical load||:||Lamp bank.|
|Dynamometer||:||Mechanical brake absorber.|
|Measuring instruments :|
|-||Sensors with digital display||:||Torque.|
|:||Flow rate and speeds.|
|:||Electrical output power.|
|Power supply||:||220 V, 1 Ph, 50 Hz. Other power supply is available on request.|
|Net (unpacked) shipping dimensions WxLxH||:||70 x 170 x 90 cm|
|Net weight||:||Approx. 165 kg|