This is a recirculating air conditioning unit with transparent windows and a climatic chamber.
Inlet air is cooled and preheated by a heater and latent heat by a humidifier before entering the climatic chamber for demonstration of climate control. The air in the climatic chamber is further heated by a heater and a humidifier before leaving. A fan after the preheater circulates the air. Part of the air leaving the climatic chamber is vented and the remaining is recirculated with make up fresh air entering the inlet duct. The amount of air recirculation is controlled by ventilation flaps. Steam generator, compressor and condenser are underneath the duct.
Measuring instruments are provided for air flow rate, and temperature and humidity at various stages. Additional instruments are provided for measurement of refrigerant flow rate, temperature and pressure as well as power for the compressor and heat sources.
The unit is on steel frame on wheels.
- Familiarization with recirculating air conditioning system and components.
- Determination of preheating, cooling and dehumidification, humidification, and reheating processes.
- Energy balance in the preheater, evaporator, and reheater.
- Demonstration of preheating, cooling and dehumidification, humidification, reheating, and mixing processes on psychrometric chart.
- Demonstration of refrigeration cycle on Pressure-Enthalpy diagram of the refrigerant R134a.
- Determination of recirculating and mixing process of moist air.
- Effects of climatic chamber heat loads.
|.Air duct||: 250 x 250 mm section.|
|.Climatic chamber||: Approx 180 l.|
|.Fan maximum airflow||: 750 m3/hr.|
|.Humidifier||: 3000 kW, adjustable|
|.Preheater||: 1200 W., adjustable|
|.Reheater||: 600 W., adjustable|
|.Evaporator||: 250 x 250 mm.|
|.Compressor||: 0.55 kW. (approx).|
|.Temperature controller||: 1 ea.|
|- Sensors with digital display|
|o Air flow rate||: Velocity sensors.|
|o Temperatures||: 9 ea.|
|o Power measurement||: 4 ea.|
|- Pressure gauges||: 2 ea.|
|- Portable temperature / humidity meters||: 1 ea.|
|- Refrigerant rotameter||: 1 ea.|
|.Power supply||: 380 V 3 Ph 50 Hz. Other power supply is available on request.|
|.Orifices with inclined manometers instead of velocity sensors|
|.TH 518-050 Computer interface|
|Relevant sensor(s) instead of standard measuring device(s) computer interface unit and software for data display and analysis by computer.|
|Net (unpacked) shipping dimensions W x L x H : 70 x 270 x 185 cm.|
|Net weight||: 320 kg.|