The apparatus is a self-contained unit for a studying the water flow through a permeable media.
It consists of a rectangular open top tank mounted on a steel frame. The front panel is of clear tempered glass to allow observation of flow pattern through permeable media. Other walls and bottom are stainless steel. The rear panel has pressure tappings with filters. The tappings are connected to a manometer bank for measurement of head distribution.
Two adjustable overflows near each end of the tank are provided to maintain different constant water levels.
A storage tank and a pump provide a recirculatory water system.
The permeable media is contained in the tank by two removable stainless steel mesh baffles-one on each side. Plate with seals is provided to simulate sheet piling and dams. A dye injection system allows visualization of the flow line.
Instruction manual is also included.
- Flow under a sheet pile
- Seepage through an earth embankment.
- Uplift pressure on structures.
- Determination of flow nets in permeable media.
|Tank inside dimensions||1500 mm long x 100 mm wide x 580 mm high|
|Pressure tapping points||14.|
|- End baffles|
|- Curved baffle|
|- Dye injection system||1 set.|
|- Manometer||14 tubes.|
|- Sheet pile||1 ea.|
|- Stand pipes||1 set on horizontal base plate.|
|1 set vertical wall.|
|Software for data display and analysis by computer (separately supplied).|
|Power supply||220 V. 1 Ph., 50 Hz. Other power supply is available on request.|
- Tank dimensions number of pressures tapping points and number of manometer tubes and length can be modified on request.
- Washed sand 100 kg. (Thailand market only)
- Other optional equipment please contact manufacturer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Net (unassembled) Shipping Dimensions WxLxH||70 x 165 x 140 cm.|
|Net Weight||Approx. 200 kg.|