The equipment is a self-contained unit designed to study the mobile bed formation and two-dimensional flow observation.
The tank is made of stainless steel and consists of five sections.
- Head tank with perforated plate to minimize turbulence and smoothen the flow.
- The working section containing sand is for study of the mobile bed formation and to observe two dimensional flow patterns. Wire mesh is provided to contain the sand. Plastics plates are used when two-dimensional flow is to be observed.
- The storage tank collects discharge from the working section and acts as a reservoir. An adjustable overshot weir is provided to control the water level in the working section. The tank also has a sand trap to collect the over-spilled sand.
- A pump to draw water from the storage tank and deliver it to the head tank. A water meter with a flow control valve are also supplied.
- An instrument carriage traveling on stainless steel tube rails attached to the edges of the working section is designed such that the carriage can travel length wise and crosswise over the working section. A stainless steel vernier hook and point gauge is attached to the carriage to measure the sand profile level.
The first three sections are joined together by flanges and the pump unit is connected to the system by flexible hoses. Various accessories are supplied to simulate different flow obstructions and diversions. An aluminium dust or equal is supplied for two-dimensional flow observations.
Instruction manual is also included.
- Sand bed formation under various flow rates.
- Erosion of sand bed around piers or branch canal.
- Two-dimensional flow pattern around pier and branch canal.
|Head tank||Stainless steel|
|Working section||Stainless steel, 610 mm wide, 2000 mm long and 150 mm high|
|Storage tank||Approx. 300 L, PE|
|Instrument carriage with two direction rails.|
|Hook and point gauge||1 ea.|
|Flow measurement||Water meter and stop watch|
|- Bridge piers||Rectangles , Rounded ends , Profiled ends , Cylinders|
|- Aerofoil||Symmetry , Asymmetry|
|- Sections for flow direction||Channels , Tees , Angles , Bell month entries , Channel walls.|
|- Aluminum dust or equal||1 bottle|
|Software for data display and analysis by computer (separately supplied).|
|Power supply||220V, 1 Ph, 50 Hz. Other power supply is available on request.|
|Part No.||Part Name|
|HF 501-002||2 m length working section extension|
|Stainless steel storage tank instead of standard tank|
|HP 010||Flow digital display|
|Washed sand 200 kg (Thailand market only)|
|Other optional equipment please contact manufacturer (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Net (unassembled) Shipping Dimensions WxLxH||75 x 395 x 100 cm.|
|Net Weight||Approx. 450 kg.|