This is a comprehensive unit for studying the friction losses in pipes, pipe fittings and valves at various flow rates.
All friction loss components are arranged on a water proof panel which is attached to a floor standing steel frame. The apparatus is intended to be used with a Hydraulics Bench (separately supplied) or an outside water supply.
The loss is measured by differential pressure using manometers. Pressure tapping is by valves with quick connection. All pressure taps are connected by flexible hoses to a set of specially arranged manifolds such that differential pressure across any component can be measured simply by opening valves without removing the hoses.
The unit is on a steel frame with adjustable footings.
- Friction losses in straight pipes at various flow rates.
- Friction losses in pipe fittings, valves, sudden expansion and contraction at various flow rates.
|Friction loss components|
|- Linear pipes, PVC||: 3 different diameters.|
|- Short radius bends, regular elbow, 45o elbows|
|- Valves||: Gate, globe, ball, and check|
|- Other components||: Tee section, sudden expansion and sudden contraction.|
|- Water meter.|
|- Water manometer|
|- Differential pressure gauge|
|Net (unpacked) shipping dimensions WxLxH : 35 x 245 x 105 cm|
|Net weight||: Approx. 90 kg|
- Hydraulics Bench.
- Polyethylene Polybutylene or ABS pipe.
- Galvanized steel pipe.
- Artificially roughened pipe.
- Annular pipe.
- Differential pressure digital display instead of mercury manometer.
- Mercury manometer instead of differential pressure gauge.
- HF 135S Learning software for HF125 and HF135