This is a comprehensive unit for studying the friction losses in pipes, pipe fittings, and valves ; and to determine coefficients of discharge for primary flow measuring devices at various flow rates.
All friction loss components and the flow measuring devices are arranged on a water proof panel which is attached to a floor standing steel frame. The apparatus is intended to be used with a Hydraulic Bench (separately supplied) or an outside water supply.
Friction loss is measured by a pressure drop and coefficient of discharge is determined from a pressure drop and a flow rate. Flow rate is obtained from a water meter and a stop watch. The pressure drop is measured by differential pressure using manometers. Pressure tapping in by valves with quick connection. All pressure taps are connected by flexible hoses to a set of specially arranged manifolds such that differential pressure across any component can be measured simply by opening valves without removing the hoses.
The unit is on a steel frame with adjustable footings.
- Friction losses in straight pipes at various flow rates.
- Friction losses in pipe fittings, valves, sudden expansion and contraction at various flow rates.
- Friction losses in primary flow measuring devices and comparison of coefficients of discharge at various flow rates.
|Primary flow measuring devices made from clear plastics|
|. Venturi meter, orifice meter, Pitot tube.|
|Friction loss components|
|. Linear pipes, PVC||: 3 different diameters.|
|. Linear pipe, stainless steel||: 1/4 in|
|. Valves||: Gate, globe, ball, and check|
|. Short radius bends, long radius bends, regular elbow, 45o elbows, 45o y.|
|. Other components||: Tee section, inline strainer, sudden expansion and sudden contraction|
|. Water meter and stop watch|
|. Water manometer with hand air pump|
|. Differential pressure gauge|
|Net (unpacked) shipping dimensions WxLxH : 35 x 245 x 105 cm|
|Net weight||: Approx. 99 kg|
- Hydraulics Bench
- Variable area flow meter to facilitate the experiments.
- ISA nozzle
- Polyethylene Polybutylene or ABS pipe
- Galvanized steel pipe
- Artificially roughened pipe
- Annular pipe
- Differential pressure digital display instead of mercury manometer.
- Mercury manometer instead of differential pressure gauge.
- HF 135S Learning software for HF125 and HF135