The apparatus is used for studying of three types of heat exchangers namely-concentric tube, shell and tube, and plate-under parallel or counter flow conditions.
The unit consists of the three heat exchangers, and a service module. The module comprises a hot water tank with a transfer pump and instruments for monitoring and control. Selection of the heat exchanger is simply done by opening a valve and changing from parallel to counter flow is by switching two flexible hoses. The unit requires outside water supply.
- Comparison of heat transfer for concentric tube, shell and tube, and plate heat exchanger.
- Demonstration of heat transfer under parallel or counter flow.
- Demonstration of batch type heat transfer for jacketed vessel.
- Determination heat transfer coefficient.
- Effects of flow rate and temperature difference.
|. Heat exchangers:|
|- Concentric tube||:||2 sections of stainless steel inner tube with clear acrylic casing.|
|- Shell and tube||:||Stainless steel inner ubes with clear acrylic casing.|
|- Plate||:||Stainless steel multiple plates.|
|. Service module consisting of :|
|- Hot water tank and pump.|
|- Heater||:||3000 W.|
|- Temperatures||:||14 ea.|
|- Flow meters: Hot water and cold water.|
|- Temperature control unit||:||1 ea.|
|. Power supply||:||220V 1Ph 50 Hz. Other power supply is available on request.|
- TH 010 Flow digital display
- TH 240-050 Computer Interface
- Sensors with computer interface unit for key data acquisition instead of analog data measuring instruments. This includes computer interface unit with water flow (2) sensors instead of rotameters.
- TH 240-060 Computer Control [Click]
- This includes flow control motors water flow (2) sensors instead of rotameters computer interface unit and additional software for control by computer (separately supplied).
- TH 240-231 Stainless steel jacketed vessel with coil and stirrer [Click]
- Vessel content : 2.5 L
- Jacket heat transfer area approximately 600 cm2
- Coil heat transfer area approximately 350 cm2
- Stirrer : 0- 500 rpm
- temperature sensors for vessel content and water outlet