The unit is used for studying heat transfer by free and forced convection in a vertical duct.
A heating surface is attached to the middle of the duct. Three types of heating surfaces are available i.e. vertical flat plate, plate with cylinders, and finned plate. A front window is provided for visual observation of the heating surface. Air enters the duct at the bottom duct with flow straightener and escapes via the top. A fan is attached to the top of the duct to induce forced convection. Air velocity is measured by a thermal probe anemometer. Temperatures of hot surface and of air at different points in the duct are measured by thermocouples.
A service module provides power supply, heater control unit, and measuring instruments.
Instruction manual is also included.
- Principles of free and forced convection.
- Heat transfer in flat plate, cylindrical and finned surfaces.
- Temperature distribution on cylindrical and finned surfaces.
- Outlet air temperature distribution.
- Determination of Reynold, Nusselt and Prandtl numbers.
- Calculations of heat transfer coefficient, efficiency and heat transfer rate.
|- Cross section||120 x 120 mm|
|- Capacity||320 watts|
|Heat transfer area of surfaces|
|Fan with speed control unit||Maximum flow rate over 3.0 m3/min|
|- Sensors with digital display||
|Power supply||220 V, 1 Ph, 50Hz. Other power supply is available on request.|
|Net (unassembled) Shipping Dimensions WxLxH||40 x 65 x 135 cm.|
|Net Weight||Approx. 35 kg.|