This beam apparatus is of a universal design for use in a wide range of beam experiments with simple, built-in and sinking supports measuring of, point loads, support reactions and beam deflections.
The beam frame consists of a stainless steel angle upper cross member and two aluminum profile lower cross members, bolted to the support columns with footings. Three spring load cells with height adjustment and a cantilever support can slide along the lower members and can be clamped at any point. Dial indicators can slide along the upper member and can be clamped at any point. Linear scale is attached to the upper member to indicate the positions of load cells, loads, supports and dial indicators. Load cell, weight hangers and dial gauges carriers have pointers to indicate their positions on the scale.
Instruction manual is also included.
- Deflection of beams with two supports and various point loads.
- Determination of flexural rigidity and elastic modulus.
- Verification of static equilibrium.
- Verification of the bending equation M/I = E/R
- Beams with sinking supports. Statically indeterminate beam with different loadings and supports.
|Supporting frame||Aluminum profile and stainless steel angle 1400 mm. long|
|ST 124 Vertical force spring support||3|
|ST 112 Built-in knife edge support||1|
|Beam length||1200 mm|
|- Mild steel||3|
|- Aluminum and brass||1|
|Dial indicators||3x 0-20 mm range, 0.01 mm graduation|
|Software for data display and analysis by computer (separately supplied)|
- Beams of other sizes and materials can be supplied on request.
- ST125A Vertical force load cell and ST150 Force indicator instead of ST 124 Vertical force spring support.
- Other optional equipment please contact manufacturer (firstname.lastname@example.org)