This is part of MM 500 Mechanical Engineering Test Series which provides sets for various experiments on MM 500-100 Basic Panel (separately supplied) to study or demonstrate specific engineering principles. The set is supplied in plastics box.
A beam is placed on two supports and loads are applied on the beam by load hangers and weights. Displacement is measured by dial indicator.
- Beam length vs deflection.
- Beam material vs deflection.
- Effects of moment of inertia on deflection.
- Effects of beam supports on deflection.
- Stainless steel
- brass and aluminium beams
- knife edge and fixed beam support
- stainless steel rule
- stainless steel Vernier
- dial indicators
- load hangers
- weights and plastics box.