This is part of MM 500 Mechanical Engineering Test Series which provides sets for various experiments on MM 500-001 Basic Panel (separately supplied) to study or demonstrate specific engineering principles. The set is supplied in plastics box.
A beam is placed on two supports and loads are applied on the beam by load hangers and weights. Displacement is measured by dial indicator.
- Beam length vs deflection.
- Beam material vs deflection.
- Effects of moment of inertia on deflection.
- Effects of beam supports on deflection.
MAIN COMPONENTS AND PARTS
- Stainless steel, brass and aluminium beam
- Stainless steel beam
- Knife edge support
- Knife edge and fixed beam support
- Stainless steel ruler
- Stainless steel vernier
- Hanger sliders
- Dial indicators
- Load hangers
- Plastics box
Learning Softwarefor data calculation and analysis by manual data entry from analog measuring instruments