The apparatus is used for studying relationship between gyroscopic torque, rotor speed and rate of precession.
The equipment consists of a rotor with a motor, and a low voltage power supply and speed control. The rotor is mounted horizontally on a frame with two bearing supports. The rods with sliding weights are attached to the frame along the rotor axis to produce balance, positive or negative torque conditions. A tachometer measures rotor and progression speeds. The frame rests on a vertical shaft on bearings to permit progression. A guard with transparent front is provided for safety. The top assembly can be removed for determination experimentally the moment of inertia, and nutation study.
Instruction manual is also included.
- Gyroscope torque vs processional speed.
- Rotor speed vs gyroscope torque.
- Determination of systems moment of inertia and nutation study.
|Rotor speed||Up to 4000 rpm|
|Precession speed||Up to 60 rpm|
|Portable tachometer||For rotor speed.|
|Stop watch||For precession speed.|
|Balancing weights||1 lot.|
|Steel ruler||1 ea.|
|Power supply||220V, 1 Ph, 50 Hz. Other power supply is available on request.|
- Speed digital display instead of portable tachometer.
- Other optional equipment please contact manufacturer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Net (unassembled) Shipping Dimensions WxLxH||51 x 51 x 40 cm.|
|Net Weight||Approx. 30 kg.|